Parenting class series: the “Anaheim Moms” (“AM”) began its 10-week session on Friday April 21 and will meet through June 23. Meetings are from 10:00 a.m. – noon. Moms or grandmothers with infant to 5-year-old children are welcome to attend! Contact the church office for more information.
The “Joyful Noise” Children’s Choir practices will resume on 4/23, 4/30 & 5/7 at 12 noon in room 1 for a Mothers’ Day performance on 5/14. Other performances this year will be on Senior Sunday 9/10, Thanksgiving 11/19, and Christmas 12/24. Children up to 6th grade are welcome to join the choir. Please contact Darlene Omaye or Shirley Chai for rehearsal dates & more information.
The Grief Passage Support (GPS) Group is a faith-based program which guides individuals towards taking steps from mourning to joy while utilizing the GriefShare.org DVD series. Anyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one is welcome. For more information and meeting times please contact Jean Shikuma via the church office.
Helping Seniors Ministry
AFMC Seniors – If you need assistance with minor home repairs, electronics or computers, transportation, shopping, moving heavy objects, or one-time cleanup projects, please click and complete a request form How can we help you?
Children and Youth Basketball Ministry – click Here for their website.
Adult Sports Ministries
- The Fishing Ministry’s deep sea fishing trips: First trip: departing Friday, June 30 at 9:00 p.m. – Sunday, July 2 at 7:00 p.m. 2-day trip on the Endeavor. Second trip: departing Tuesday, August 8 at 9:00 p.m. – Thursday, August 10 at 7:00 p.m. 2-day trip on the Endeavor. Cost: $435 includes all meals and Mexican permits; does not include drinks, fish cleaning, or tips. Contact the church office for more information.
- Men’s Fellowship Annual Golf Tournament – Fall, 2017
Arts, Crafts, Activities
- The Watercolor class will meet Thursdays: 4/27, 5/18 & 5/25 from 9:30 a.m. – noon. New students are welcome at any time; drop in to room 9 to observe or ask questions. Instructor Donna McFarland will give beginners special attention and instruction. For more information, please contact Pastor Carl Yoshimine via the church office 714-827-0782. The class will be on summer break after the 5/25 class.
- Knitting & Crocheting ~ Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in room 9
- Sewing Circle ~ Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. – noon in room 6. Bring your own sewing projects or help make quilts. Some experience required.
- Line Dancing ~ Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in room 1
- Hula na Ke Akua (Dance for God) class will meet Saturday, 4/22 at 1:00 p.m. & 4/29 at, 10:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Crocheted scrubbies – ongoing all year long. Contact the church office at 714-827-0782.